Contest Rules & Regulations
THESE RULES ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE MYRNAM PHOTO CONTEST (2024). THE CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN MYRNAM ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. ENTRY IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
There are no restrictions to eligibility of age, address, or otherwise.
2. CONTEST PERIOD
Submissions will be accepted up to 3:30 P.M. December 27, 2024.
3. HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, email your photo(s) to admin@Myrnam.ca. At the end of the contest period, the winner will be selected by a judging panel in early January 2025 determined by the Village of Myrnam Municipal Office so calendars can be offered to sell in early January.
- Limit of twelve (12) entries per person during the Contest Period. In the case of extra entries, only the first 12 entries will be considered, and the remainder will be void.
- Images must be resubmitted to be eligible for other contest periods, if there are future Contest hosted by the Village of Myrnam.
- Images should be at least 10 Megapixel (9MB max file size) to ensure a good quality print and allow for any cropping that may be necessary.
- All photos must be taken this year from public spaces and related to the Village of Myrnam. For example, Myrnam Main Street in winter, a community event, etc.
- Participants in the Myrnam 2024 Photo Contest (Contestants) hereby grant Myrnam permission to use their likeness, name and the image(s) they have submitted in any and all publications or advertising related to Myrnam including website entries, social media entries, in the municipal office, or external advertising without payment or any other consideration in perpetuity. Contestants retain copyright ownership of all submitted photos and may use them for their personal or professional use. Contestants hereby irrevocably authorize Myrnam to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute the photo(s) for purposes of publicizing Myrnam programs or for any other lawful purpose related to Myrnam. In addition, Contestants waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein their likeness appears. Entries must be received no later than the end of the respective Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, incomplete, irregular, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced or edited. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a prize.
- Each entry received shall only identify the name, address, and phone number of the person who is submitting the entry. Entries can be numbered but not named. Any file names to a photo will be changed to a numbered system.
- Twelve (12) Winners will be selected in each contest period to win.
- Winners shall not be entitled to receive the difference between the actual prize value and the approximate prize value.
- Winners will be contacted by Myrnam with instructions on how to claim the Prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Myrnam. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. Myrnam reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- Myrnam shall not assume any liability for lost damaged or misdirected prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION
All entries will be judged by a judging panel and twelve (12) winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the specific Contest Period.
- Odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Contest Period.
- Individual entrants may be selected as a winner more than once.
Winners will be required to release Myrnam and its subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
By entering the Contest, entrants release and hold Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrants or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrants agree to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Myrnam assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Myrnam are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Myrnam assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Myrnam is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. Myrnam is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. Myrnam assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Myrnam, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest and/or the Contest website.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrants further agrees to be bound by the decisions of Myrnam, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Myrnam reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest website, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Myrnam property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, www.Myrnam.ca OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MYRNAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the prize package and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the studios and/or locations. Myrnam reserves the right to remove from the Contest any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By participating in the Contest, entrants: (i) grants to Myrnam the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners; and (iii) acknowledges that Myrnam will not disclose his/her Personal Information to third party agents or service providers of Myrnam.
Myrnam reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Myrnam. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Myrnam in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
13. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.